ABOUT THE COMPANY
Remedy Technology provides small business and home office environments in the Missoula,
Frenchtown, and Bitterroot Valley with quality, affordable, computer service. We
strive to provide the same level of expertise and responsiveness to the small business
owner that large corporations enjoy without the financial burden of dedicated IT
Too often technology investments are recommended that return limited value to the
client, and our goal is to make sure that doesn't happen to you. We document all
the work we perform so there will never be a delay in getting you "up and running"
due to missing PC, router, or email configuration information. Whether its computer
and network support, custom database applications, or website development Remedy
Technology can provide a solution that gets the job done right...the first time!
Check out our customer testimonials and see how
your fellow small business owners feel about our services.
ABOUT THE OWNER
Mark Carpenter is the owner of Remedy Technology and has been involved in computer
technology since graduating from the Denver Institute of Technology with an electronics
degree in 1987. Over the course of the past 20+ years Mark has worked in a wide
variety of technical positions including:
- Field Service Engineer for MSI Data Corporation responsible for servicing computer
systems across a five state area. Worked on everything from Unix mini-towers to
digital time clocks.
- Initial position as Network Administrator for 1200+ node Novell network for Exabyte
Corporation (8mm Tape Drive Manufacturer), then promoted to Operations Manager responsible
for 17 member IS Operations group consisting of Hardware Engineering & Support,
Help Desk Services, and Network Administration. Also involved in Beta/Released product
testing of Windows NT and SQL Server for future network migration project.
- Initial position as Systems Engineer for Avail Systems (Hierarchical Storage Management
Software Company) then promoted to Technical Services Manager responsible for all
facets of Systems Engineering, Technical Support, and Education & Documentation
- Initial position as Systems Integration Engineer for Learning International (Sales
Force Automation Software Developer) then promoted to position as Client Lab Manager
responsible for design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of multiple
client/server environments to support Development, Quality Assurance, and System
Integration department efforts in designing, testing, and delivering Sales Force
- Worked as contractor on numerous NetWare to NT migration projects, responsible for
the design and implementation of NT management services (WINS, DCHP, SMS), centralized
anti-virus solutions, Exchange messaging, and disaster recovery . Also provided
administrative support for NT domain (user accounts, replication, custom logon scripts,
OS upgrades, etc.).
- Senior Network Engineer for First Call Computer Solutions providing Windows Server
based solutions and support for network management, remote communications, network
printing, Internet connectivity, disaster recovery, messaging, host name resolution
& IP management, anti-virus protection, and thin-client networks. Also provided
primary network administration support for internal corporate and test networks
utilizing wide variety of Microsoft operating systems and business applications.
- Independent consultant providing support for home and small business Microsoft Windows
based computer systems and networks, MS Access application development, and web
Mark has accumulated the following accreditations over the course of his technology
- American Association of Certified Electronic Technicians
- First Class Certified Electronic Technician Certificate
- Novell Netware 3.x & 4.x Systems Administration
- Microsoft Certified Product Specialist (Win95/NT)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Exchange, TCP/IP)
- MCSE Certification Update - Exchange 5.5
- Citrix Certified Administrator
- MCSE Certification Update – Windows 2000 Professional